Okay, so I really want to grow my Tribe and Community, and to do that, I think you should get to know me a bit more! So let’s do a tag!
I picked these questions specifically because they were interesting and not “what color are your eye?” Like, what the heck is that going to tell you about me? Just in case you were wondering though, they are blue.
So here we go, 50 interesting questions to get to know me!
1. What does your name mean?
The name Alysha means Noble.
2. Where were you born?
Buffalo, New York
3. What is your Myer’s Briggs Personality?
INTJ. It’s actually pretty rare for a women to have this personality type.
4. What is your Enneagram Number?
I am a very balanced 3.
5. What is your favorite cultural activity?
I LOVE the Ballet!
6. What is your favorite physical activity?
Anything that I can actually do haha! Mostly walking or shopping.
7. What is your favorite quote?
“Sometimes fear does not subside and one must choose to do it afraid.” – Elisabeth Elliot
8. What is your favorite time of the day?
I love mornings and so desperately want to be a morning person, but can’t get through the day without a nap if I wake up before 7:30am.
9. What is your favorite type of clothing?
Shoes. All day every day.
10. What is your all time favorite town/city and why?
I am not super traveled, but I love Rodanthe, North Carolina. It’s in the Outer Banks and it’s very family friendly and right on the beach.
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
Girl, no candles! But I do love Siberian Fir essential oil for a scent!
12. What is your favorite social media channel?
Probably Instagram because it’s a bit more chill and casual, but I do like Facebook more for live videos.
13. What was your favorite subject in school.
14. What was your least favorite subject in school.
15. Are you scared of heights.
I don’t think so. I have never been in a situation where I should be scared of heights though.
16. Are you high maintenance?
Unfortunately, yes. I try not to be. I like things simple, but my health complicates that. For example, if the weather isn’t right I get migraines or even more fatigue. I can only walk for a certain amount of time before I need a wheelchair. I have to have food every few hours, and constantly have to have water with me at all times. My high maintenance annoys me.
17. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
Girl, why not both? I will build my own empire and take you with me so you can build yours too!
18. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage head on?
It depends on the situation. If things can be resolved peacefully, then yes that is obviously the better option. But, if you push me too far, you best believe I will tell you where the sun shines.
19. Are you a dog or a cat person.
I want a dog with a cats personality. I like how dogs are loyal, loving, and compassionate, but I like how cats are independent, strong, and don’t need me all the time. Also, I am allergic to cats.
20. Are you a good cook?
It completely depends on how I am feeling. When I get really sick or worn down, my brain fog gets really bad to the point where I can’t hardly string a sentence together. You can imagine how that would relate to cooking and following a recipe haha!
21. If you had more courage, what would you do differently in your life right now?
I would put myself out there more, plug my business more, and not be afraid of rejection.
22. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
Okay, so I obviously want to say my chronic illness. But that is a hard choice for me, because I feel like may just be an excuse to hold me back. Like, “Oh yeah, her nervous system doesn’t work and her heart is too slow and she literally doesn’t have enough blood in her body so it’s understandable that she doesn’t do….” It’s obviously a limitation, but that makes me strong because I try and do life anyways. So maybe more so my excuse of holding onto it as a crutch? What do you guys think?
23. What is the weirdest thing you have seen in your life?
This question made me feel sheltered! One time I got flashed, but that’s about the weirdest thing.
24. Who is the best teacher you have ever had?
My Mom. I was home schooled though.
25. Who is the first person you call when something exciting happens?
Okay, so we have a group chat with my Mom, my sisters, and my brother-in-law, and whenever anything exciting happens, I just tell them all at once!
26. Who is the worst boss you have ever had?
Omg her name was Kayleen and I totally didn’t get her. One day she would be your best friend, then the next she would chew your head off for looking in the wrong direction. No thank you, I will be my own boss.
27. Do you remember your dreams?
Only if they are kind of scary and I think I might die. Or maybe that’s the only dreams I have…
28. Do you save old greeting cards/letters or do you throw them away?
It depends on the value and significance. I have kept some from my Mom, niece and nephew, Gramma, and business leaders.
29. Do you sleep with the lights on or off?
Who the heck sleeps with lights on????
30. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few close friends?
A bit of both. I do have a handful of people that I know, but not well. I only have a few close friends.
31. Do you hold any convictions that you would die for?
Absolutely. My Faith.
32. Do you have a best friend?
I actually don’t consider myself to have a best friend. All of my friends are married, and I believe that your spouse should be your best friend, so I do my best to not encroach on that.
33. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not really. I believe that any two people could make things work as long as they both are putting in the work and effort and are committed. I also believe that love is an action or a choice, not a feeling.
34. What is your idea of special time together?
Either shopping or just chilling and watching a movie.
35. What is something that amazes you?
Space! It is so awe-inspiring, and I just can’t imagine the feeling of smallness and humility you would get doing a space walk! I actually wanted to become an astro-physicist for a while, but can’t due to my health.
Did you know that astronauts have a temporary condition of POT Syndrome when they come back from the ISS? It’s because their bodies have to readjust to gravity. Therefore, I am allergic to gravity.
36. What is your ideal first date?
Lunch and then a movie. Keep it simple. Not dinner, because I don’t like to stay out that late and a movie is pretty no-pressure. I have only been on a few dates and felt a ton of pressure on them! It wasn’t a whole lot of fun.
37. What is something you look for in a partner?
This may sound dumb, but someone who just gets me. I feel like my brain is just processing information constantly which can be tiring. Sometimes I like to be with people and don’t want to speak. I don’t really like physical contact. I love sarcastic and ironic humor. So far, I haven’t met someone who just clicks and gets me.
38. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful?
So I try and be as honest as I can be. I have manipulation in my family, and the best way for me to counteract that is to just be honest. A lot of the times though, I won’t tell someone something that may be hurtful unless 1. they are hurting others and 2. they specifically ask. Then, yes I will be honest, but with the most respect I can.
39. How has your birth order affected you?
I am a middle child of 3 girls. Because of that and other things, I have always struggled with a bit of loneliness. I have also become as independent as possible with my health, and I am a driven, goal setter.
40. How many boyfriends have you had?
One, maybe? It wasn’t actually like an official relationship. I was like 15, and we never actually went out. So I personally tell people none.
41. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own.
So, shoes are my favorite and I know I need to get rid of some. Definitely upwards of 20.
42. Would you ever consider living abroad?
43. What is one thing you would rather pay someone to do than do it yourself?
Oh my goodness, as SOON as I make enough money and have my own place, I AM paying someone to clean for me. I literally hate it and it takes up way too much energy for me to do.
44. What is one thing you can’t leave home without?
Water! I always have a water bottle with me at all times. I have to drink a lot because my blood volume is low, so it really helps to increase my blood pressure and keep me from passing out.
45. What is the last movie you saw?
46. What is the last TV Show you watched?
47. What was the last thing you bought?
Furniture and paint to redo my room with!!
48. What drains your energy?
Being upright, large groups of people, being social.
49. What is the best part of your job?
Connecting with people and watching them be as amazed as I am with how essential oils can really impact their health. Advocating and educating others.
50. What has been the hardest thing for you to face or learn.
Patience. I don’t consider myself to be an impatient person actually, but I get an idea of when I want a big life thing to happen, and then when it doesn’t I struggle with severe disappointment. In 2018 I have learned that God’s timing is not my timing. I either have to trust God with everything, which includes the timing, or with nothing. Basically, get on the bus or get off. I chose to stay on and to give God literally everything, including timing.
I don’t know when these big things will happen for me, but I trust that God is good, that God is good at being God, and that God is good to me. He is not rejecting me when plans don’t work out exactly the way I want them to or when. If He is withholding something from me it is for my good and He has something better.
Basically, I had to give up control, and that is the only way to be 100% free.
So that is a little bit about me! I hope that gave you a better picture of me and my personality. Also, I promise I am not like cold-hearted, I just have a hard time expressing my emotions occasionally.
Anyways, let me get to know you now! Answer one of these questions in the comments, or on social media (make sure to tag me)!
Check out these blog posts too!