This post contain affiliate links. By purchasing through this link, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
In the spring time, you will hear a lot of talk about the Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint blend for seasonal threats. It works great!
Lavender is an all natural antihistamine, Lemon helps to reduce mucus, and Peppermint helps to cool and promotes open airways.
But these essential oils are actually perfect for the essential oil beginner! They can do so much more than just help with seasonal stuffiness and sore throat!
These three oils come in a mini kit, and can do so much for you and your wellness! If you have been looking into getting started with essential oils, but just really aren’t sure, or want to start out slow and small, these oils are for you!
Here is how else Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint can be used!
- Lavender is known for being all things calming. It has the natural chemical constituent, linolool, which makes it calming to your emotions. If you or even your child needs to chill out and relax, Lavender is awesome to use! Rub a few drops on your forearms or bottoms of your feet (dilute if used on children), or diffuse for it’s calming effects.
- Lavender is calming to your emotions, but it’s also calming to your skin! If you are experiencing skin irritation, apply diluted Lavender right to the sight. It also works great on bug bites and after being out in the sun!
- Lavender is one of those oils that is like a swish-army knife. It is so extremely versatile! Another way to use it is to promote healthy hair! Lavender and Rosemary are great essential oils to promote hair growth and hair health. Add a drop or two to your conditioner, or make your own spray with a 10ml amber spray bottle. Add 20 drops of Lavender (and Rosemary if you would like), and fill the rest with water. Shake before you use, then spray it on your damp hair after you shower.
- With warm weather comes more play outside, right? Well with more play outside can come more accidents, bumps, scrapes, and bruises. Well, Lavender actually promotes healing, so you can apply diluted to the sight! If you have an open wound, apply the oil around the sight until it scabs up, then you can apply it right over.
- Lastly, Lavender is good for sleeping. Just like it calms your emotions, it can help to calm your mind as well. Diffuse starting 30 minutes before you go to bed, add a few drops to your pillow, or apply to your chest or bottoms of your feet.
- Lemon is a citrus oil. Citrus oils contain the natural chemical constituent called limonene. This is very uplifting to your mood, so the first way to use Lemon is to uplift your mood! If you are finding yourself a bit down or grumpy, try diffusing Lemon or inhaling straight from the bottle.
- Citruses are also detoxifying. So, when I eat too much sugar or feel that I need to help my body promote detoxifying affects, I will take Lemon internally. I just take 2 drops internally, twice a day for 2 or 3 days. You could also put a drop or two in your water (from a stainless steal or glass container), or just apply the oil in a circular motion around your belly button. Side Note*** When I talk about using essential oils internally, I am ONLY referring to doTERRA’s. They are the only brand that can prove that they are pure.
- Because Citruses are detoxifying, they can also promote clear complexions. You can add a drop to your moisturizer, or add a few drops to your drinking water. When applying any citrus topically, be careful with sun exposure. Citruses are photosensitive, so sun exposure after applying to your skin could cause skin irritation.
- Citruses are also very cleansing. So, you can use them to clean without toxic chemicals! Check out my post Spring Cleaning With Essential Oils, to learn more about that!
- Lastly, you can lighten your hair naturally with Lemon oil. Because it is photosensitive, it will help to lighten your hair with sun exposure. You could make a spray in a 10ml spray bottle with 10-20 drops of Lemon and fill the rest with water. But just be very cautious again when using this because if you get it on your skin, it could cause skin irritation in the sun.
- Peppermint is a menthol essential oil, so it’s very cooling. It can even help with body temperature. I love using this in the summer when I am out in the sun or it gets really hot and humid and I need to cool down. You can either put a drop of Peppermint in your hand and apply it to the back of your neck, use the Peppermint roller and roll it down the back of your neck, or make a spray bottle with Peppermint in it.
- I also like to use Peppermint for a pick me up. I personally can’t have a lot of caffeine, so this is my go to! I put a drop in my hand, rub my hands together, cup them over my nose, and take a few really deep breaths in. If you have doTERRA’S Peppermint, you need to give this a try! It’s amazing!
- Menthols are cooling and can also help promote open airways. I love applying Peppermint to my chest or sinuses when it’s really humid out and the air just feels thick to breath.
- Speaking of warmer weather, during spring/summer, bugs and pests start to come out and those are just annoying, especially when they are in your house. So, add 20 drops of Peppermint to a 10ml spray bottle, and spray the crap out of any problem areas! Pests really dislike Peppermint, but I sure love it!
- Lastly, I like to use Peppermint to help promote healthy digestion. I struggle a lot with chronic nausea due to my chronic illness, POT Syndrome, so I use this a lot for that. I like to roll it around my belly button to help with digestion, roll it down the center of my chest for any burning, or roll it behind my ears and on my wrists for nausea. The Peppermint beadlets are totally amazing for road trips by the way!
So those are just SOME of the ways to use this awesome introductory kit. These three oils are really the staples in anyone’s essential oil use!
It would be the perfect Mother’s Day gift for anyone who is interested in starting out with essential oils, plus it comes with a free wellness consult from me! Did I mention it’s only $26? Check it out here!
Shoot me a message from my Contact Me page if you are interested in getting started with 25% off of doTERRA products!